Steps to Install Virtualmin on CentOS
Following are the steps that our Support Engineers use to install Virtualmin for our customers.
1. Firstly, we must connect to our server via an SSH client for installing the control panel.
2. Then we have to update the packages before installing Virtualmin.
For this we can use the following commands:
yum -y update
yum -y install perl
yum install wget
3. After that we can use the following commands for installing Virtualmin
4. Now a login URL will appear in the terminal, we can use this to log in to Virtualmin. Here we have to provide root username and password to log in.
5. After logging in, a post installation wizard will appear with this, we can configure Virtualmin.
6. We can create a new Virtual server from Virtualmin to host a website. Also, we can import databases and files to move our WordPress site to the Virtualmin hosting control panel.
Common errors and their Fixes
Often after the installation of Virtualmin on the server, users may see some errors while connecting to it.
Following are some of the errors along with the method to fix them.
1. WARNING: The certificate of ‘’ is not trusted
This error is seen while accessing over https:// when the SSL certificate is missing.
We can click the advanced option when we receive this warning to ignore temporarily. However, once we are in the panel, we can request a valid, free SSL certificate using Webmin Configuration/SSL encryption/Let’s Encrypt page. This will fix this error.
At times we may get this error while connecting to the Virtualmin portal.
This means that there is no response from the server.
We can check our Firewall and add default port 10000 and 20000 to Firewall accept. Adding the ports will fix the error.
This can be done with the following commands:
apt install ufw
ufw allow 10000/tcp
ufw allow 20000/tcp
Would you like all of this being done by a system administrator? If so, contact us by clicking here, or filling the form below.