Converting to CloudLinux
It is easy to switch server from CentOS 5.x, 6.x or 7.x to CloudLinux as it is interchangeable with CentOS. The CloudLinux OS installation process takes a few minutes and replaces a handful of RPMs. Before the conversion of your CentOS server to CloudLinux, you must have an activation key. The activation key can be either obtained by trial subscription or by purchasing subscription. Follow the steps below to receive a trial activation key.
1) Go to https://cln.cloudlinux.com/clweb/register.html and register with CloudLinux Network.
2) You will receive an email with activation link.
3) Login at: https://cln.cloudlinux.com/clweb/login.html
4) Click on Get Trial Activation Key.
You will get a key that looks like: 17329-g93138a172reio4j2e9g391a1841gbz8
After obtaining CloudLinux activation key, download the script for CloudLinux installation and execute it. Please note that you must have root level access to your server to perform the steps below.
1) Connect to your server via SSH as root user.
2) Download the CloudLinux installation script: cldeploy. Enter the following command on your server shell or terminal.
$ wget https://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/sources/cln/cldeploy
3) Execute the downloaded script by running the following command. The script will install CloudLinux kernel, Apache module, PAM module, command line tools as well as LVE Manager.
$ sh cldeploy -k <activation_key>
$ sh cldeploy -i # IP address if you have a license which is IP based
4) Once the installation is complete, reboot the server by using the following command.
5) Verify the conversion to CloudLinux. Run the following command on your server to verify the conversion to CloudLinux and you may see a similar output.
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CloudLinux release 7.9
You server is now running CloudLinux Kernel with LVE enabled.
Not confident on switching to CloudLinux by yourself? Contact US, one of our technicians which has done this before many times would love to do it on your behalf.